World-Class Herbalist Training with the East West School of Planetary Herbology
Come learn from the best and become the best.
The East West School of Planetary Herbology offers correspondence courses to train home herbalists, health professionals and clinical herbal practitioners. Here you can learn from two of the world’s most respected and influential herbalists, alternative health pioneer and American Herbalist Guild founder Dr. Michael Tierra L.AC., O.M.D., and clinical herbalist/acupuncturist Lesley Tierra,L.Ac., AHG. Our herbalist training course is the only one that teaches Planetary Herbology, a unique approach to herbal medicine which integrates plants and diagnostic tools from the three major healing traditions of the world. Staffed by a talented faculty of professional herbalists, the East West herbology correspondence course offers its students distance and on-site education from the very best experts in the field. They really do learn from the best and become the best. Since its founding in 1980, East West School of Planetary Herbology has graduated the largest number of leaders in the herbal industry. It has almost 10,000 students throughout the world in over 40 countries and on every continent but Antarctica. Our herbalist training is unique in that it offers several levels of in-depth online training courses along with in-person study from multiple herbalists, and a clinical mentorship program, all with a focus on Planetary Herbology. As well there are supplemental books, CDs, DVDs, webinars, weekly chats, and a private student discussion forum. On this site you’ll also find Planetary Herbals’ Formulas and other items in our store, along with research articles.
About East West Correspondence Herbalism Courses
A Letter From the Tierra’s
Herbs are not only our first medicine; they are also the source for many things we need for our survival, including food, shelter, clothing and medicine, all of which reflect the profound relationship between humanity and the plant kingdom. But in the 21st century it seems that we have come a long way in achieving control and dominion over the unpredictable elements of nature, which in the past had such a determining influence over the daily course of our lives. One may even excuse our inadvertent arrogance each time we forget about the intimate role that plants play in our daily lives, which includes their serving as the basis for at least 25% of all pharmaceutical drugs. Of further thoughtful consideration is this: in a world which today seeks to lessen its dependence on petroleum, the remaining 75% of all pharmaceutical drugs are derived from petrochemicals.
Only in times of crisis are most of us reminded of the importance of being less dependent on highly industrialized, technological systems as our source for food and medicine. This is especially true if we realize the extent to which our food chain is compromised by the heavy-handed use of artificial fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and genetically modified foods. What we face now is a world health crisis. For too many, mainstream medicine remains inaccessible due to the rising cost of health care insurance. Add to that the inability of conventional medicine to offer a satisfactory solution for many diseases. Then there’s the plethora of adverse side effects from prescription drug use. Given all of the above, it’s easy to see how a $15 billion-a-year alternative health care business was born. That hefty figure represents what people are willing to pay out of pocket; most alternative health care is still not funded by insurance. In response to this state of affairs, many people consciously make the choice to assert their birthright to find out how herbs might serve their personal, family, and community health needs.
Want to learn more?
To learn more on staying healthy, sign up for our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow our blog. If you’re considering becoming an herbalist, please download a free sample lesson below or give us a call. We’re happy to discuss the herbalist training options we provide. To your health!