By Herbalist Alan Tillotson
Protocol for using Planetary Formula’s CNS Myelin Sheath Repair (for 130-160 pound person)
- Myelin Sheath Support 2 pills three times per day.
- Alpha-Lipoic acid 250 mg 1 pill twice a day
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) 400 iu 1 pill 2 times per day
- DHA 250 mg 1 pill twice a day / or Evening Primrose 500 mg (hexane free 135 mg GLA) 2 pills twice/day
- Blueberries 1/2 cup/day or one frozen bag per week
Estimated length of therapy
At least three months is needed to assess the usefulness of the therapy for a person. There is an initial increase in energy, followed by a much slower gradual return of function. I estimate at 6-9 months major benefits begin to level out and hold steady, though some patients continue to improve more very slowly over the next several years. Severely damaged nerves cannot be restored, so advanced cases improve, but not completely. Fatigue returns whenever patients discontinue the therapy for more than a week or so.
Diet for Strengthening Nervous System
Information Sheet from Chrysalis Natural Medicine Clinic (302) 994-0565
- General: Highly nutritive and easy to digest foods (both, not one) are key to healing the nervous system. Favor soups, warm foods and drinks. Drink spring water, especially with meals. All foods should be fresh, and organic if possible. Try to maintain regular meal times & adequate sleep. Use both a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral.
- Grains: Wheat, rice, corn or oatmeal (unless your are allergic). Favor well-cooked whole grains with spices or warm cereals.
- Dairy: Avoid dairy products, use substitutes (see separate handout).
- Sweeteners: Sucanat (natural cane sugar), Molasses, Maple syrup.
- Oils: Olive, sunflower, canola, evening primrose oil, fish oils, flax oil, borage oil. Use low quantities of oils, high quality only.
- Fruits: Sweet fruits, including berries, grapes, cherries, melons, avocado, coconut, sweet plums, mango, pear, banana, fresh figs, mango. Eat freely.
- Vegetables: Well cooked vegetables, asparagus, pumpkin, squash, cucumber, potato, celery, green peas, lettuce, okra, sweet potato, beans, green beans, carrots. Eat vegetables freely, especially cooked with spices.
- Spices: Pepper, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, salt, mustard, cardamom, ginger, fennel, chamomile or ginger tea.Proteins: Sea food, chicken, turkey, fresh fish, almonds.
Avoid / Reduce
- General: Avoid dieting and fasting, stale foods, and ice cold drinks. Also avoid canned or prepared foods, foods with chemical additives, foods with hydrogenated oils and fats. excess alcohol, candy, cake, sugary sweets, and nutrasweet.
- Sweeteners: Avoid unhealthy sweets like cake, pies etc. Natural sweets, such as fruits and grains are much better.
- Oils: Low quality oils are very inflammatory
- Grains: All grains are good to use.
- Vegetables: Reduce raw veggies (except lettuce and carrots) if hard to digest, as well as cabbage, cauliflower, zucchini, and turnip. (All should be limited, taken in small quantities and well cooked.)
- Spices: Avoid excess amounts of hot spices, fenugreek, cayenne pepper, chili, cloves, salt, mustard.
- Proteins: Avoid peanuts, and beans except lentils (unless with spices or “beano.”)
About Fats & Oils
Fat is the most abundant substance in your body after water. More than 70% of your brain and nerve cells are made of fat, and the membrane of every cell in your body is 30% fat.
There are about two dozen total fats (lipids) in the body, and two, called essential fatty acids or EFA’s, must come from your diet. The two are omega-6 and omega-3. Your cells use EFA’s for energy production, your glands use EFA’s to make healthy secretions, and EFA’s help your immune system work. They also nourish your skin, hair, mucous membranes and the meylin sheath surrounding your nerves.
Bad fats are those that are rancid, imbalanced, overly saturated, over-cooked, or modified by modern food processing.
Good Fats are those that contain a healthy balance of EFA’s. and are fresh, unheated and unprocessed
Many people, especially those suffering from inflammatory diseases, need to supplement their oils. The best choices include fish oils containing DHA and EPA, evening primrose or borage oils, and flaxseed oils. It is always important to take extra Vitamin E with oil supplements to help absorb them.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, T’ai Qi or Qi Gong.
Biozyme digestive enzymes 1 pill TID – (if digestion is weak or compromised)
Scutellaria laterifolia herba tincture, 25-35 gtt BID (if there is shaking)
Pippalyadi Churnam 2 grams twice a day for sluggish digestion with signs of mucus
Alan Keith Tillotson, PhD, AHG – Medical Herbalist
Naixin Hu Tillotson, OMD, LAc – Chinese Medicine
Chrysalis Natural Medicine Clinic
1008 Milltown Rd., Wilm., DE 19808 USA
(302) 994-0565 (302) 995-0653 fax